Mar 6, 2020
Why is it so important for you to pay attention to this new
Secure Act? It's important to work with a
professional in any financial capacity but especially now with
these big changes or you could be leaving money on the table! For
more details on how to meet with John, click
- Repeals the maximum age for traditional IRA contributions,
which is currently 70½.
- Increases the required minimum distribution (RMD) age for
retirement accounts to 72 (up from 70½).
- Allows long-term, part-time workers to participate in 401(k)
- Offers more options for lifetime income strategies.
- Permits parents to withdraw up to $5,000 from retirement
accounts penalty-free within a year of birth or adoption for
- Allows parents to withdraw up to $10,000 from 529 plans to
repay student loans.